Before superficial cracks effect the base layer of asphalt, resurface with a 2’’ hot mix overlay for a longer lasting repair that costs pennies on the dollar compared to pulverization or replacement.
Sommerset will do any job quickly and with superior results whether it's resurfacing the parking lot of your retail business or your school or resurfacing the streets of your condominium or apartment complex.
Steps to Resurface/Overlay
- 1. Clean the lot of all loose debris
- 2. Apply tack coat to ensure new asphalt adheres properly to existing asphalt
- 3. Install hot mic to any low-lying areas to enhance existing grade
- 4. Mill or cut butt joints to transitional areas such as sidewalks and curbing
- 5.Apply a 2" overlay of hot mix asphalt